Music Review: Jimmy
Director : Raj N Sippy
Producer : Nawman Malik & Salman Malik
Cast : Mimoh Chakraborty, Zulfi Syed, Aashish Vidyarthi, Ehsaan Khan, Rati Agnihotri & Shakti Kapoor
Music Director : Anand Raj Anand, Bappa Lahiri & Vijay Verma
Lyricist/s : Ranbir Pushp, Virag Mishra & Anand Raaj Anand
Cassettes and CD’s on : Venus Music Records
Singers : Shaan, Anand Raaj Anand, Debojit, Kailash Kher, Vijay Verma & Kunal Ganjawala
Mithunda’s son, Mimoh Chakraborty, makes an entry into Bollywood with a movie called Jimmy. Usually when the son of a star makes his entry into Bollywood, there is a lot of hype before the film releases. Not so much in this case.
Anand Raj Anand could have helped by giving some good music. Usually a reliable music director, he goes completely off the mark in this one.
Bappi Lahiri had his time – remember Gori Hain Kaliyaan (Aaj Ka Arjun) andMahiya Teri Kasam (Ghayal)? Now his son, creatively named “Bappa” is getting a chance in the music scene. Unfortunately he isn’t making much of a mark as of yet.
Vijay Verma also composes one song in the album. Who is he? Chances are, we will never know.
- Why Not Jimmy (Shaan) – For some songs, you don’t have to listen to them to know that they are bad. The title says it all! Anand Raj Anand’s music cannot save this song. No type of music can save a song called Why Not Jimmy. This is just another case of trying to be cool but failing. Rating:
- Do Minute Mein (Shaan) – Bappa Lahiri is the composer in this one. The usual “pehli nazar mein de diya hai dil” is conveniently changed to “do minute mein de diya hai dil.” Music wise the song is stale, sounding like one of his father’s leftovers. Rating:
- Jeevain Bulliyan Pe (Anand Raj Anand) – Finally something worth listening to! Anand Raj Anand comes very close to the border of his hugely popular Dil De Diya Hai from Masti but stops just short! This is my favorite from the album-or maybe I should say this is the only song I liked from the album. Being the best song in this soundtrack isn’t much of an achievement, but this song is actually a nice listen. Rating:
- Marhaba (Debojit)- Nahi Bappa nahii!! You have just started and already making songs like this? On the bright side Mimoh is a pretty good dancer.Rating:
- Zamaane Se Keh Do (Kailesh Kher) – At this point this album is getting tiresome. This one is composed by Anand saab just in case anyone cares.Rating:
- Yeh Hai Meri Dastaan (Vijay Verma) – The way Vijay Verma sings, he might as well be crying. Actually maybe he was. I get the feeling he won’t be composing very much after this song…and definitely not singing. This songmaybe could have have been better if Mr. Verma hadn’t sung it himself!Rating:
- Aaya Hoon (Kunal Ganjawala) – Anand Raj Anand tries to be peppy in this one but I think he had made up his mind that he will not waste any actual good tunes for this movie. This one is just a filler but even a filler sounds good in a soundtrack like this. Rating:
Overall Rating: Why did I waste my time listening to this? And why did I waste my time writing about how bad it is?
Well on the bright side, at least there was one good song – Jeevain Bulliyan Pe.
Why not Jimmy? Cause it sucks!